Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

My New Job!!!!!!!!!

So for those of you I have not been able to tell personally here is the biggest update of our lives!!! I got a new job! I am sooooooo super excited about this position and I am incredibly Thankful that God works all things together for the good of those he loves!  So here is how it all came together…

Early this past summer my friend Margie told me about this position at her school that she thought would be great for me… I said great, and she told me she would get me more information as she figured it out.  The week before school started she finally figured out what everything was and got me connected with CIS (Community in Schools).  I applied right away and couldn’t believe the greatness of this organization!!! Unfortunately, they didn’t have any positions available, but they were going to save my application and resume.  So i had given up on it.  But God totally had a plan… 2 weeks ago Margie called me from school and said that there was a position available and I needed to make sure all my stuff was in… I ended up having to resend my resume and everything because apparently it got lost?  But a few days later I was called for an Interview! I was shocked and nervous! But after faithful friends and family praying for me , the interview went great! and as of Thursday last week I was officially offered the Job!!!!! 

 

My position is called Case Manager,  I am at one of the local elementary schools, and I start Oct. 1, 2009!!!! I will be working school hours, and will still be coaching gymnastics for a little extra income!

Here is more information from the website: www.cisdallas.org

The mission of Communities In Schools Dallas Region, Inc. is to help students at risk of failure stay in school, achieve academically and graduate, to become productive and contributing members of our communities.

Each year thousands of at-risk children drop out without ever graduating from high school. Faced with poverty, lack of parental guidance, drug abuse, illiteracy and other crises, these children struggle to reach their full academic potential.

Since 1985, Communities In Schools Dallas Region, Inc. (CISDR) has provided programs and services on the school campus to best meet the physical and emotional needs of at-risk students and empower them to remain in school.

The Job Description:

Position Summary
Delivers services through the CISDR case management system. Has an assigned caseload and also
provides services to the other students upon the request of the Campus Manager.


Accountabilities
• Assess the needs of the student assigned through use of assessment tools and other mean.
Guides in the formulation of individual plans of service with specific goals.


• Makes appropriate referrals for students and/ or their family members to community agencies,
with continuous follow-up on student and agency.


• Maintains a caseload of students and provides individual and group counseling and/or
supportive guidance.


• Makes home visits, always paired with another professional adult.


• Act as court advocate for caseload students as appropriate.


• Assist in arranging academic tutoring, through volunteers and peer tutors. Provide tutoring
directly as required.


• Maintain accurate/ timely records of student services provided using CISDR forms.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

congrats, friend. so happy it all worked out.

The Jesters said...

That's so exciting, Remy! It sounds like a great fit for you!

Catherine said...

hey girl, i just found your blog and was reading about your job. Mike used to work for Communities in Schools when he was in Seminary. he worked with kids after school. hope you are doing well, you have to see Cason now, he's grown so much!