Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

"I'm Yours!"

Last Saturday was another one of those days where God blows me away with His incredible blessings for me. I had to work all day and night on Saturday and was absolutely exhausted by the time I got home. My day was pretty normal, nothing out of the usual until Saturday night at the wedding I was working. We had just sent the Bride and Groom off in their horse drawn carriage when a panicked woman from the wedding told me to call 911. There was a girl in the bathroom passed out and shaking all at once. The bathroom was filled with people and was about 100 degrees (literally). I knew I had to get her some air, cool air, and although they always say don't move a injured person, we had no choice. her sister and I picked her up and carried her out to the hallway... the paramedics arrived and she regained consciousness and off in the ambulence she went. She will be fine. This is what happens when you drink too much. Obviously the staff was a little shaken up by the whole incident and it made the rest of the evening a little uneasy...

Now God's blessing. As I am driving home and reflecting on the evenings events I called Brad. He had just gotten home and was waiting for me so we could go to bed. Again, exhausted and ready to crawl in my warm bed, I fumble for my keys and unlock the door. I was struck with Joy as I opened the door. Big bright yellow roses and a card that read "My Baby"! I couldn't believe it, not only did I get roses and a card he also bought me two hot pads and a dish towel that I had seen at world market and pointed out to him. They are the colors of our kitchen and I just loved them when I saw them at the store several days earlier. My heart was filled with warmth as I read the sweet card and saw the smile on Brad's face. He made me feel so extra special for no particular reason. He just wanted to let me know how much he loved me and to remind me "I'm Yours!"



God, you have blessed me with the most incredible husband anyone could ask for. He makes me laugh, cry, and smile all the time. I don't know why you chose me to be so blessed, but Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Please help Brad and I grow in your perfect will. Lord we want to change the world someday and only you can help us do that! I love you Father, thank you for the love you have given me and shown to me through Brad. Amen

For those of you who haven't heard Brad has been called to missions. He is the new Missions Pastor at our church and although he will really miss the youth, He is so excited to see where God is taking him. We are not leaving the country or moving or anything like that, we are focusing on our community. Together, one day, all of us will change the world for Jesus! I am so excited for you, Brad. You are truly a man after God's own heart!

0 comments: