Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am a Gymnastics Coach!!!!

I am so stinking excited about my new job.  After a while of not finding anything, the perfect opportunity finally came to!  Thanks God, I am not sure of your timing all the time but this was a slam dunk!  (As it always in when you rely on Him)

Growing up as a gymnast I dreamed of being in the Olympics one day.  I would practice all over the house, in the backyard, my bed wherever I could, I just loved gymnastics.   I competed for several years and can still remember some of my best routines and performances that I gave.  There was this one time on beam where I had completely destroyed my routine… i just couldn’t keep my balance.  During my dismount which was a kartwheel to hand stand , and twist over the beam thing,  I bent my arms to where my head was touching the beam, but since I only weighed like 50 pounds and was stronger than I will ever be, I pushed myself all the way back up to a perfect handstand and finished the dismount.  It was then that my coach (Van was his name) told me that I was superwoman!  I also remember getting first place on vault and floor.

Well as I got older and wiser I realized that flipping all over the place was a little scary and that I could really hurt myself… stupid fear, it always gets in the way of things… anyways in the 7th grade I decided to give up on gymnastics and move on to cheerleading.  Now cheerleading does have a lot of flipping but it was all on the ground… not on a beam.  So until I was senior in high school I cheered my heart out it was my favorite thing to do.  I even tried out in college (twice, but only cuz my roommates made me.)  And again the whole fear or flipping thing got in the way, so I didn’t make it… I have missed everything about gymnastics and cheerleading ever since.  And now I get to relive my dream through the lives of little fearless girls!  I have even brought back some of my own skills.  I am still working on the whole flexibility thing, but tonight I did some tumbling and it was so much fun!  As Brad would say… now I get to work and work out all at the same time! Its wonderful!!!!   I love my job!

Sorry about the delay in blogging, but my computer was down for the count and I just got it back tonight!!!!

2 comments:

The Jesters said...

That's super exciting, Remy! It's always great to work at a job that you're passionate about. The kids will absolutely love you!

Rachel said...

So happy for you, friend... This sounds absolutely perfect!