Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

A little bit Famous...

It's true! Tucker and I are officially a little bit famous! This weekend Brad and I headed to Waco to support the Baylor Bears!  ESPN College Game Day came to town and we decided to make a showing! And boy did we!  Friday night Emily, Margaret and I worked diligently on some sweet posters.  Our slogans included... "We like our bevo well- DUNN" (for LaceDarius Dunn), "We got an Acy in the Hole" (for Quincy Acy), "You just got served some Wal-Ton soup" (for AJ Walton), and "Good Luck keeping up with the Joneses" (for Perry Jones III and Anthony Jones)... we felt good about them, even if some of them were a stretch... Saturday morning, we woke up early and headed to the Ferrel Center (Baylor's basketball arena).  With it being spring break for Baylor we weren't sure how many students were going to be around, but the crowd was very large and it was such a fun environment. 

Emily and I decided it was time to make our TV debute and got down as close as we could to the camera's.  During the second hour of the broadcast, one of the announcers was talking about BYU and the disciplinary action they were taking against one of their starters.  On screen you can see the one announcer, Rece Davis, close up, in the top left of the screen you see the BYU logo, right next to the logo you see me, Emily made it in the shot too!  Shortly after that, the local news channel came to interview Emily and I... Apparently, we were screaming and super loud so they didn't use our interview but they did let our voices be the cheers you heard as the segment started and then they gave us a close up... to qoute myself "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we love Baylor!"  That was my opening line... that they didn't use, haha!  Why is Tucker famous you ask?  Well on one of the broadcast either ESPN or local news, you see a full view of me from the side and Tucker is tucked (hehe) nicely under my LARGE free Baylor shirt!

We are in the middle holding our posters!

Emily and I were slightly exhausted after our TV debute and our voices were almost gone, so we all decided to celebrate our fame at Schmaltz's, a waco Original! Turns out, this hole in the wall was the choice lunch of the ESPN college gameday hosts! Schmaltz's did not disappoint, I really need to figure out a way that I can get this delivered to me whenever I want... maybe I can use my new found fame?

The weekend and fame were not over... we still had the Big game that night! Lacedarius Dunn, our senior super star, was a few baskets a way from claiming the Big 12 all time leading scorer.  Our poster was ready... it read... 
   LacE
         Scoring
ChamP
     toNight !
Margaret and Brian had courtside seats ( lucky ducks) and so Margaret did a great job of displaying this poster for us.  We knew she would need to show it often enough before LaceDarius actually made his "title winning" basket, so that the camera would know to pan to her when he did... yes we had a strategy... being famous isn't easy... Anyways, when the time came, the camera panned directly to Margaret and Brian, clear as day... however the poster was not so ready...  all because Lace missed his first free throw... by the time he made the second and clinched the Title, the camera had moved on... either way, that makes 4 Webbs and 4 posters that clearly made national TV... As the game went on you could clearly pick out the posters Emily and I were holding... The Bears looked like they had this game in the bag, but unfortunately Texas came back to win... It was a very Happy day with a not so happy ending... :(  Hopefully we can make a good showing in the tournament...

On a side note: I am signing autographs and I am in the process of writing my autobiography...

1 comments:

The Jesters said...

Those are great signs! I like that you had a clear and dedicated plan for achieving national TV fame. You guys are so funny. :)