Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

sssttttrrreeeeeeeeeeeettttccccchhhhhh!

Oh my word am I being stretched!!!! This week has brought on some round ligament pains, ones that my doctor wanted me to come and get checked out for...  Note to self: try not to freak out when the doctor says "Why don't you come on in so I can check you out."  When I called this morning to tell her about them, that was her response... I had about 45 min. before I would need to leave work and I really wasn't too worried... until I got in the car and started driving.  My amazing husband was allowed by his wonderful boss to go with me, even though he was in a meeting.  Just having him there with me calmed me down.  It took a little while for the doctor to come in the room, but Brad made sure he kept me entertained... I was laughing so hard! She finally came in, talked a little bit and then started checking everything.  As it turns out she was wanting to make sure that the pain wasn't small contractions and that my cervix wasn't trying to dialate... No dialation and no contractions = Everything is just fine! I was so relieved!!!!! Dr. said that I was measuring great, Tucker was moving all over the place, and his heart beat was nice and strong!  Now if only the stretching pains would stop... even though I am sure they will continue for quite some time... baby has to make room for himself!

On a lighter note, more and more students are starting to realize that I am pregnant... here are some recent comments:

3rd grade boy who found out last week that I was pregnant:

Boy (today): Mrs. Remy have you had your baby yet?
Me: No! He isn't due until July!
Boy: Oh Ok!
Me: He has to cook a little while longer...
Boy: Cook? (very confused face) Are you going to eat him?
--- First he thought that pregnancy lasted about a week and then he thought I was going to eat my baby... poor kid, I did try to explain to him what "just an expression" meant... I think he got it?

1st grade hispanic boy in broken English:

Boy: You having a baby?
Me: Yes!
Boy: Why?
Me: Because I wanted a little baby!
Boy: Is it boy or girl?
Me: It's a boy!
Boy: (smile of delight) You choose have one?
Me: (understanding he was asking if I had mulitple babies in my belly) Yes, just one baby!

5th grade girl who gives me a hug everytime she sees me:
Girl: Hey Mrs. Remy- insert side hug-
Me: Hi! how are you?
Girl: I'm good - insert her hand on my tummy- is he kicking?
Me: Not right now, but he does kick me a lot!
Girl: -insert another 5th grade girl coming to give me a hug- BE CAREFUL! (to the other girl) Don't hurt the baby!

1st grade girl running to tell her teacher a secret... I was talking with her teacher:
Girl: (whispering in her teachers ear) I am going to give Mrs. Remy a baby shower!

So Sweet!

I am definitely glad to be around kids and their sweet/innocent comments and way of thinking during this pregnancy... they say the "darndest things!" 

1 comments:

Pregnancy Miracle said...

From you blog it seems to be that you are experiencing first time your baby and you have lot of pain during the delivery of the baby. Ad it is stretching your legs.