Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Memories...

I have always prided myself with having an excellent memory! Somewhat photographic, somewhat just sharp... anyways since I found out I was pregnant, my memory has been FAILING... my mom used to tell me how great her memory was before she had kids, but I have to admit I never really believed her, I just thought that was a normal mom thing to say... Sorry mom, and I believe you now! 

The memory loss started with little things, forgetting something at the store, losing my train of thought mid- sentence,  leaving for work without my pants on... you know little things.  I chalked most of them up to just being so excited to be pregnant and having a lot on my mind!

Well, I believe it is time for me to face the music... I am losing my mind!  Thursday, I got totally turned around driving to my dentist appointment in the neighboring town, not an area that I frequent, but I have been there enough to know where I am going... As I was driving to my appointment, I realized I was going to be about 5-10 minutes early... no big deal, just my efficiency at its best... by the time I got to my appointment I was 5-10 minutes late... I hear several loved ones saying "That's the Remy I know..." Anywho, I could not figure out where I was or how to get where I was going...I called Brad, my save all when it comes to directions, but he was in his weekly meeting... I kept driving and called back... still no answer.  After more driving around I decided to call my mother in law... She picked up right away and when I told her what was happening we had to pause our conversation for some deep hearted laughter...Luckily she knew exaclty where I was and was able to get me to my dentist appointment no problem...

I can't describe how stupid and confused I felt that afternoon... I had given myself a headache from over thinking and getting nowhere! haha! I laughed about it a good bit as did Brad once I told him the events of the day...

All this to say, I am slowly losing brain cells... I mean giving them to Tucker :)  So if I call you randomly, please pick up... it is likely that I am lost and need you to find me!

2 comments:

The Jesters said...

That's so funny! I've always heard that, too, and I don't think your mind comes back until you're getting enough sleep - which may be a few years!

Tricia said...

Oh, Remy! It'll come back when he's about 4 months old since this is your first one. Be warned though, I'm still waiting for my pre-pregnancy brain to come back and Laura is 14 months! I suspect that this third pregnancy has done permanent damage : )

My worst was that I kept burning myself while pregnant and I have several noticeable scars to show for my "DP" brain. I stuck fingers in boiling pots and on hot burners, grabbed things from the oven with no hot pads, and even shut the oven door before removing my arm once. Really, really stupid!