Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

Here I am! Tucker Bradley Webb!!!! I came on June 16th, 2011 at 11:24 PM... I weighed 6lbs. 15.5 oz. (or 7lbs. as my daddy would say) and I was 19 inches long!

Hello World!

Gettting all my stats taken
First family photo!
Meeting my daddy!
Just a day old!

Getting ready to head home!!! (note to readers: Mommy's swollen face has gone away!)

Almost a week old!

Getting bigger.... Stay tuned for more pics! Read below for My Birth Story!

At 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant Brad and I headed to what would be our last Sono and pregnancy check with Dr. Webster!  We knew going in to this appt. that there was a chance of being induced due to my low fluid indicator the week before.  I was trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but I definitely wanted to meet my little man!!!!  We did go ahead and pack the car and have everything ready just in case though! And lets just say that neither of us slept Wednesday night...

Well as it turns out, my fluid was still low and I hadn't prgoressed enough for the Dr. to think that I would go into labor soon enough on my own before my levels dropped any further... So we headed to the hospital, called all our family and friends, and got ready for the biggest day of our lives!!!!

At 10:30 AM I was started on Pitocin... I did fairly well handling the contractions (years of stomach issues prepared me well!) but when the Dr. had to "check under the hood" the pain was too much to bear and I gladly accepted the offer to get my epidural before they broke my water...

EPIDURAL 2:30 PM- 'nough said

My water was broke within 15 min. of my epidural and I quickly progressed from 2cm to 5cm within a few hours... little guy was on his way!

As it turned out, I was super sensitive to the pitocin and I was having contractions on top of each other... so many that they were stressing Tucker out... so they took me off of it for a little bit... made me suck down some oxygen and then about an hour later started it up again. Obviously my progression slowed as well... so as the hours passed I tried to nap here and there... but I was just too excited!

By 10:30ish PM the nurse said we were going to try and push through a couple of contractions... after just a few pushes she called the Dr. up to the hospital to "catch"... Apparently, my years of stomach issues again prepared me for delivery and made me some kind of pushing "All Star"

It took sometime for my Dr. to get back up to the hospital so we were just waiting... and then she came in, watched me push through one contraction and then said "Ok, we are going to get him on this next one!"  WHAT! Thats it? One more push and my baby is here???? CRAZY!!!!

And then....

You can't see it in this picture, but I came out with a wicked Side Coney (similar to a side poney, but cone head style)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats!! Glad everything went well. He's adorable.

The Jesters said...

Congratulations! Tucker is so handsome! We can't wait to meet him.

Penny Washington said...

You are adorable. Tuck is adorable. The nursery is adorable. And...I am adorable. Oh, wait! I wasn't supposed to say that last line. Love you, Remy girl and I can't wait to visit you and hold that sweet baby. Congratulations, friend.

Emily and Kolby said...

Well great-- I looked at that pic of Tuck in the All Star shirt and he's so stinkin' cute and looks older than when I saw him 4 days ago so now I'm wondering if I can wait 3 more days to see him. I just need to hold that little lanky body. And laugh at his left eye that doesn't open quite as fast or often as his right. And be kinda grossed out by that bubble he gets in his belly by his ribcage after he eats. And watch him try to figure out how his hands work.

:)