Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mom, where did my brother go?

Yesterday morning I had to take Bentley back to the vet. He has not been able to keep anything down since Wednesday. Friday (the first vet visit) the doc told me that if he throws up one more time that he has to come back for some xray type test. No, big deal, but he was running a fever and throwing up, so the vet said it is most likely bacterial. Nothing, an antibiotic can't fix. Well, sure enough Bentley couldn't hold his dinner down and Yesterday it was back to the vet. The doc came in, I told him what happened and he said he needed to keep my baby for the weekend. WHAT! WHY! whats wrong? How much is that going to cost? As it turns out the reason he needed to keep Bentley there was because he couldn't run the test until today. I never thought I would be saying this but as I walked out of the vet, I started to cry. I was really sad that he had to stay there all weekend and I just felt like I was abandoning him. I am an animal lover, always have been. But Bentley and Nala aren't just dogs to me, they are our family! Brad laughs at me when I mention them as family, but I know he loves them a lot so I don't mind too much! Anyways, Now I feel like Nala keeps looking at me and asking where her brother went. Well, the doc is supposed to call tomorrow and let me know what he found... such as a foriegn object (toys, wood, trash, anything thats clearly not supposed to be digested)or if it is just the bacterial infection. I am really hoping for the infection... foreign object = surgery = $200. I am ready to go get Bentley and bring him home, its just not the same around here without him!
This is right after we got Nala, almost 2 years ago... Sweet Bentley loves his little, yet way bigger, Sister!

2 comments:

The Jesters said...

Poor Bentley! That's horrible that you had to leave him at the vet's when he's feeling so bad. I hope he's better soon!

Emily and Kolby said...

maya told me to tell you to tell her cousin that she hopes he feels better soon! she's also excited to hear that nala is toning down the agrressiveness a bit so maybe sometime soon they can all play together and it won't end in a trip to the emergency vet again!