Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Did I ever tell you about...

Christmas??? This year Brad and I celebrated our first Christmas together as a married couple and it was of course crazy busy and fun. It all started in Houston where Brad and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my family! My parents decided to build a new house and so there was six of us squeezed into a little apartment and it made for lots of fun. We had a great time at my mom's and dad's but the visit was too short because I had to go to work the very next day :(. When we arrived home Brad and I opened gifts for one another and our stockings. Brad got very creative with his gift for me and I had to go through a whole scrap book (yes, I said scrap book, no my husband is not gay!) to find out that he had gotten me a new wallet for my very own shopping day with him, "complaint free", as he put it! I was so excited! Well after our Christmas together we still had one more to celebrate and that was with Brad's family. We waited until the next weekend and it all started again, Friday night was Christmas Eve and Saturday was Christmas day! So much fun! We decided to open up family gifts on Friday and then Santa gifts would come on Saturday. Brad and I got a "Wii" and this is where the really funny things started happening... We set up the Wii right away and the whole family got in on the action including Mom (Margaret) and Dad (Brian). Mom and Dad were playing a friendly game of Wii tennis when all of the sudden Mom takes a hard swing and nails Dad in the wrist, uh oh.... the next thing we hear is the breaking of glass and a loud gasp to silence the room. With no will power to hold back the laughter I bust out and so does the rest of the family, Mom had managed to hit the only uncovered part of the window and the little wii remote fit perfectly into its place as seen here. The very top of the window! After a good night of fun, laughter and Wii it was time for bed. We woke up the next morning to our santa gifts and we were ready for another day. Later that night Mom Margaret and I were making dinner using one of my mom's recipe's so we were cooking together when Dad Brian noticed that a bird was flying around the house. Out of sheer excitement and amazment, I ran upstairs to tell the others. I apparently was like a nagging four year old that always tells you the most unexciting news of the day, because nobody budged! This time out of the shock of no response, I said it again. But still nothing. However, as soon as that bird flew over them as they were playing the Wii, it was WAR! Everyone jumped to their feet and began to grab the gift boxes from earlier that day. We were on a mission to catch the bird! It was swift and crafty and we might not have used the most efficient tools to trap it, but with a few feathers lost, we caught the bird and watched it fly outside to freedom. The Bird!The Bird in the box, failed attempt #1, The box had an "unknown" opening! See if you can find it!Yes, Of course the pool cleaner, the Bird will never find its way out... Failed attempt #2 Bird, hanging upside down on the tassel! No longer on the Tassel, nor in the box... Bird was on the Fan... still not in a box....

See the silver box in the bath tub? The Bird is underneath it!

The Big transfer... bird under the box to in the box in one swoop!

"Third times a charm". Few feathers lost, but no harm done!

Back to Christmas, the night ended somewhat peacefully and it was all in all a Great Christmas!

2 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

Love it...I'd never heard that story about the bird! Hilarious! And, I love that Brad held his arm out to take that pic of you two looking a the scrapbook! SO funny! ... :) Looking forward to lunch today!

Tricia said...

Sounds about right to me... The Webbs do always have some pretty crazy adventures. : )