Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ok, Ok, I will post again!

So what do you want to know? About the House Hunt? Brad and I? Work?

House Hunt: Well as some of you know, we did put an offer in on a house that we really liked. But after a couple of weeks and thinking a lot about it, we decided that we wanted to keep looking. Definitely was the best decision we made because we found THE House!!! It's perfect! It is an older model built in the late 70's and it has been completely redone on the inside. It has that perfect touch of character that we were hoping for. After getting all the numbers in on it and as we were about to make our offer, Bob (realtor) called and let us know that the owners had just accepted another offer. I cried, I was so dissapointed! So now where am I? Looking, and searching, and looking, and searching, and watching a ton of HGTV. It lifts my spirits about the houses that are out there, and it makes me believe that we could make any house our own... with just a little bit of TLC and MONEY! HAHA I know, I am laughing too! We are going to look again on Thursday and as Bob said, we are going to be sprinting to get it all in. Oh my I almost forgot, our lease is up at the end of July. The 31st to be exact and where is that manly, strong, furniture moving husband going to be? Where else but on a mission trip building houses for the homeless. Man is he going to laugh when he gets home and finds out the we are homeless! So the timeline is this... June 23, 2008 38 days until we must be out of the house and still no where to go. If you add in the fact that Brad will be gone on the 31st of July, we are really down to 33 days. God has impecable timing, I know, but seriously... we are cutting it close! If you find Brad, Nala, Bentley and I outside your front door, don't be surprised!!! We just need a place to stay for a little while!

More updates to come I promise!

I do have a funny story though...
Today at work I was bringing dishes back to the kitchen, and was not really paying attention to everything around me, because I was making sure my guest's salad was up in the food window. I was in good stride and making a smooth transition between tables... when all the sudden my butt hit the floor. OUCH! The dishes went flying! I must have thrown them a little bit because I was on the floor and they were still above my head. CRASH the plates hit right in front of me! I started laughing so hard as everyone around me tried to make sure I was ok and able to walk. Apparently what happened was there was a good bit of water on the floor and I slipped since I wasn't paying attention to the steps I was taking. Crazy non-slip shoes...why don't you work!!! I can hear it now... you are the grand prize winner on America's Funniest Home Videos... too bad the cameras weren't rolling!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

thanks for your comment and thanks for finally posting again. btw, i miss your face.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Chin up, God's going to provide a home!