Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tuesday 6/17/08

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I hate being home alone... I can not wait until my mom gets here tomorrow to stay with me! Let me tell you a little bit about last night... I went to bed around 1o:30- 11 and was peacefully sleeping. The dogs who sleep in the room with us are all nestled in their beds and also sleeping... 1:30am Nala starts barking... I pass it off as a dream she was having at first but then she got up and went to our bedroom door and started barking even more. She has NEVER done this!!! She normally barks when someone comes to the door, but this bark was different, to me it was a protective bark, a warning bark for me! I panic, I had no idea what was going on, all I knew was that I was not opening that door! I immediately call 911 and whisper to them my address and that I think someone is in my house, they keep me calm and the police are on their way. I call Brad, he didn't answer on the first call but by the second he was awake and talking to me. He does his best to tell me that everything is going to be ok, but I can hear the panic in his voice as well. He is 4 hours away at a camp and his wife is at home alone with a stranger possibly in the house. He asks me if I got his shot gun? What, I don't know how to use that thing... finally the doorbell rings, the police are here. I let the dogs out first, as Brad advised me to do and I slowly peek out the door to my pitch black living room. I should mention that I am crying hystarically at this point. I make my way to the door and open it up to two nice police men. They informed me that everything is locked and secured including the windows. I ask them to come inside and check the rest of the house... still crying, I felt like I was about 3 years old asking my daddy to check under my bed for monsters. I didn't care! Better safe than sorry. They checked everything out and made sure I was ok before they left for their next heroic call of duty. Brad called Russell (his brother) to come over and stay the rest of the night with me. I finally stopped crying and went back to sleep. This morning when I talked to Brad, he told me that I nearly gave him a heart attack. I felt so bad, but he told me he would have done the same thing, except he would have had his shot gun ready. Tonight I will stay with my inlaws! safe and sound.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my WORD, girl! That's freaking scary!! So glad it turned out to be okay!