Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another day with the Trainer...

On Thursday night I had my second session with the personal trainer, for those just tuning in, I did not pay for this, but it came with the gym membership. 4 free sessions. Anyways, I approached this session grudgingly as last time I went I found out that the 10-15 lbs. I gained when I got married was still attatched at the hips. Kinda like your younger sibling, yet not as annoying but more so embarassing... Yikes! The session went pretty smooth until we started discussing the exercizes that I needed to be doing in between sessions. I told him that I really liked the eliptical and that I trained really hard on it... his response, "the eliptical is a lazy work out, it will burn the calories, but does not do much for the muscles." As tears came to my eyes, I listened as he told me that the stair stepper was the better option... I slapped him across the face and walked out! Ok not really, but I was so disappointed because I was really liking the eliptical. So now my assignment is to do the stair stepper for 15-20 minutes at atleast level 5. Brad came in around this time to start his workout. When he walked off, my trainer said in a passionate voice, " I would love to train him!" WHAT? Trying to remember that my trainer did mention his girlfriend and really hoping that he wasn't going to try and make a pass at my husband, I asked him why. After describing Brad's long and lean build that is just perfect for weight/muscle training. I still had my doubts. Not to mention that he met his girlfriend at the tanning salon, he also has a tongue ring... I am a little worried? HAHA, Brad came back in as I finished and I mentioned what the trainer had said. They talked about Calorie intake and protein shakes and I vomited in my mouth with every word. You know what the trainer said? He should have atleast 1500 calories a day... really awesome because I am trying to stay below 500. (exaggeration) It is sad that my husband is trying to gain about 15-20 lbs. and I am trying to lose it. What went wrong here? Cool note about the time spent with the trainer was that we got to tell him about 25cloth.com! Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. From now on Brad and I will always wear two-five shirts to work out in. I have two more sessions and a very long way to go... I think today that Brad got close to his 1500 calorie intake, unfortunately I joined him, Dangit! Tomorrow is a new day! Celery anyone?

1 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, yeah. The great lesson of marriage- you can't eat like your husband- boo! I'm still learning that one but slowly adjusting & shedding that post-wedding weight. Darn them and their massive calorie intakes!