Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008



Ok I know you have all seen these little guys on children at the mall or six flags or where ever, but I have to laugh every time I see one. I want to hold out my hand full of treats and beg for the child to come to me so I can pet them, like I would a Dog! First of all this one is a slightly more appropriate version of the child leash, at least your child thinks of it as a backpack instead of that thing you put on little Froto before taking him for a walk, but still a little degrading. I am happy to say that my mother never put me on a leash and I was spanked as a child... and guess what, I turned out great! (no comments please). Get rid of the leashes or pretty soon we are going to see signs in front of stores and parks that say all pets and CHILDREN must be on a leash at all times. Were you on a leash as a child? Please let me know!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Was not on a leash, was spanked.

Unknown said...

I, too, am not aware that I was ever on a leash, and I, too, was spanked.

Don't hate me, but we do "own" a leash for Ellie. We've only used it once at the State Fair of Texas and it literally saved us. She wanted to walk everywhere but was only 16 months old. With all those people, it was the only way we stayed sane. Are we still friends? I promise it's a last resort and now that she's older, she obeys better and comes when we say stop. LOL.

We're going in tomorrow! (My blog has the latest update.)

Tricia said...

No leash, many spankings. We don't have a leash, but sometimes I wish we did. I hope I never buy one but I know plenty of competent moms who were totally against the contraptions...until their sweet babies turned into exploring toddlers who run away during the .43 seconds it takes to dig a tissue out of your purse.