Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

Happy 1st of April Everyone!

I have been slightly hesitant today as I await an April Fool's joke. I always have told myself to be prepared for anything out of the ordinary on this day, so that I don't look like such a fool! I will have to say that being married to Brad Webb has helped my foolish awareness! Brad seems to believe that everyday is April 1st! It is a constant battle for me! The biggest fight we ever had was because I thought he was joking when he was actually serious... here's the break down:
We are engaged at this point and Brad decided to tell me that he was going to wear Micheal Jordan B-Ball shoes and toast with Chocolate milk at our wedding. This was of course followed by his high pitched giggle. He probably said this three or four times to different people when I was arround, and everyone would laugh and say "Yeh Right!" Well, three months before our wedding I made sure that he was just joking by telling him that MJ shoes were NOT allowed! And I will never forget that night... Needless to say, he was not joking and on August 25, 2007 he walked down the aisle in Micheal Jordan B-Ball Shoes, his cake was a 1984 replica of a Micheal Jordan shoe, and my garter was actually a Micheal Jordan headband! O yeah and I took some bridal portraits wearing his Jordan's! I think I made up for the fact that I didn't believe him! However, we did not toast with chocolate milk! With as much as I have tried to decifer when he is joking and when he is not, I still get caught! This past Easter I found out that the Webb's nickname for cream of mushroom soup was in fact Turtle Soup! I can't win! When we first started dating, he would tell my mom made up facts or the "real truth", and when she questioned it, he would simply say " No, I am serious, I saw it on Myth Busters!" My poor mom always believed him. But I have caught on, and I am making great progress! Brad is teaching me the art of telling a believable story, with very unbelievable facts. So with this I warn you, Happy April Fool's Day!

2 comments:

Katy said...

love you!! :)
It was so good to see you guys over spring break! I hope life is great!!!

elizabeth said...

Remy, this post cracked me up! So true.