Tucker Bradley

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 2, 2008

Engagement, Lake, Food, Sleep and Longhorns!!!

Well, I have a quick minute before I run and catch the next plane out of town, But I wanted to tell you about the lake!

Brad and I left Sunday night to meet up with my family in Austin. My Big Brother Alex lives there and decided to pop the question with his lovely little dame Lane. She said Yes! I am so excited for the two of them, they are absolutely perfect for each other... And I get to be a bridesmaid! Love it! and Love them! Anywhoo, seeing the family was great and celebrating the engagement was just wonderful!

On to the Lake, The Arita's were so kind to let us stay in their gorgeous lake house for the week! SOOOO great! Brad and I really relaxed, no time schedule no work and lots of fun and laughter. We grilled out, we layed out and we paddle boated all over the lake... Sunscreen was applied! We had snacks galore, which was great for Brad and not so good for me! We slept in late and took naps, oh man it was great!

The last day we went golfing on this beautiful course that over looks the lake... Brad played and I drove the cart! I am still learning how to golf and so I didn't try the course because it was the fifth toughest in Texas. But it was still fun! We went out to dinner that night at Wildcatter Ranch, A delicious steak house. We had an appetizer, a salad, awesome hot bread and butter (Emily you will appreciate that) and then the steak and potatoes came out... We were stuffed! On our way out we stopped off the side of the road by some longhorns. They were so funny... It took us a while to get them to come over to us but when they did it was hilarious. In case you were wondering how to call a cow over to you, this is what we did: Claping, banging on the fence, yelling "come here", an occassional "SUEY", and the next thing you know they are in your face. Longhorns really have a hard time walking, see their horns are so heavy that their heads sway back and forth as they walk just to keep their balance. They will let you touch them (if you want) but again they are oblivious to the size of their horns, Watch your eyes! We fed them some nilla wafers and grass but they didn't want either... they wanted dinner. I guess there is some kind of feed that farmers/ranchers give to their cattle and what we had didn't even compare. Side note I should never feel like a cow for eating nillas because cows don't even like them.... But all the laughing and and hanging on the fence sure helped the food settle!

Well I am off again to my Best Friends Wedding! (great movie) Not to worry though, I am happily married and have no intention of stealing the groom!

1 comments:

The Jesters said...

I love it that you were feeding the Longhorns nilla wafers! So funny! How can anyone not love them??!?!